Join female leaders for a conversation about leadership in the workplace and in the community. Open to Y Staff, members, and the community. There is a virtual option available- log on to the the Virtual Y or email us to get the link.
This event will take place at the East Area Family Branch in the Virtual Hybrid Group Ex Studio so it will be accessible to people who can't make it in to the branch.
Questions? Contact Chelsea Kordiak for more information
ABOUT OUR SPEAKERS:
Richelle Gaceta, Enterprise Architect with Cigna, is a 27 year veteran in Technology and champion of women's mentorship. Richelle is also a mom of 3 and an avid runner, skier, tennis player, and proud Y spouse.
Georgia A. Popoff is a writer, editor, arts-in-education specialist, and Workshops Coordinator for the YMCA of Central NY’s Downtown Writers Center, where she teaches poetry and creative nonfiction. Her fourth collection of poetry, Psychometry, was released in late 2019 by Tiger Bark Press, and was a finalist for Utica College’s Eugene Nassar Poetry Prize and the CNY Book Award for Poetry. Georgia was recently named Poet Laureate of Onondaga County for a 2-year term of service and was appointed editor for the University of Michigan Press book series on contemporary poets, Under Discussion, in 2022.
For more information and for links to purchase books, visit www.georgiapopoff.com. You can also follow her Facebook, and on Instagram and Twitter: @gappoet.
Mickey Piscitelli in her own words:
- I started working at the age of 14 and have not stopped.
- I was born in the Bronx and ended up in the Syracuse area after getting my BA in Math at LeMoyne College.
- I enjoyed a career as a high school math teacher at Liverpool High School for over 3 decades.
- I began teaching fitness classes (indoor cycling and total body strength) at the YMCA while I was still teaching math and continued after retiring.
- I am a Certified Triathlon Coach and Certified Running Coach for the Y.
- I am the founding and only Race Director of the Willow Bay 5K Run & Fitness Walk for Women which is an annual event held in August at Onondaga Lake Park in Liverpool, NY
- I serve on the Board of Directors of the Syracuse Chargers Track Club
- I serve as the Chair of the Women's Long Distance Running Committee for USA Track and Field.
- I have been a vegetarian for over 30 years.
- I live in Baldwinsville, NY but love to travel whenever I can with my husband Patrick.