The YMCA of Central New York is upgrading several features on our digital platform with new functionality. In our effort to serve you better, the Y has partnered with MotionVibe to enhance our services and improve the member experience. Along with a new mobile app, you will see new functionality in our website schedules and we are excited about more new features that we'll be rolling out in the coming months.
VIEW ONLINE SCHEDULES
You will continue to see your online class schedules in the same places that you are used to on our website on your computer or mobile device. Things might look a little different, but the information will stay on the same pages. We will continue to enhance these features.
Our new mobile app will provide new functionality both for our staff and for our members to provide an enhanced experience and the information you need. Things might look different, but we encourage you to explore the new app!
SIGN INTO MOTIONVIBE
You do not need to be signed-in to view a schedule on your app or website, however, you will need to log into your account on your app if you wish to register for a class.
How to Activate Your MotionVibe Account for the First Time:
- The first time you open the app, choose Click Here where it says "Need an online member account or forgot your password?" You will then enter your Name and Member Barcode Number (found on your keytag or in your Daxko member account).
- You can choose the same log in information that you use for your Daxko account, but these are SEPARATE platforms. This will only log you into the mobile app experience.
- Once you are logged into MotionVibe, you can select your Home Branch. You can also check hours and other information for our other locations by choosing the "Find more branches" button on the home screen.
WHY DOES IT SAY REGISTER FOR A CLASS?
Some of our classes currently require reservations to attend (for example, some yoga and cycle classes). You’ll see a notification on those classes where registration is mandatory and required to reserve your spot in this class.
However, you can also register for other classes in MotionVibe that DON’T require a reservation. This feature allows you to follow your favorite classes and stay in touch with the instructor to receive notifications if the class is changed or canceled as well as support, encouragement, and more from your favorite instructors. We encourage you to register for these classes to help stay accountable and get the information to help you meet your goals! Classes are available for registration two weeks before start time.
When you click a REGISTER NOW link to reserve your space in a class, you will see a pop-up window. Simply click the green Register button, and you are all set. You are now registered for that class, on the day and time selected.
Once you are registered you will notice the class is highlighted in green and it will say: “Registered”. Once you are registered for a class you will begin to receive email notifications if that class is changed or canceled. You will also receive a class reminder 2 hours before the class is scheduled to begin.
UNREGISTER FOR A CLASS
If you are unable to attend a class that you have reserved space for, we ask you UNREGISTER.
- From the MotionVibe app, click on My Activity. This will now show all the classes you are currently registered for.
- From this page, navigate to the class you wish to unregister from and click the orange UNREGISTER button.
You’re all set and, if the class does require a reservation, you’ve made a spot available for another member to enjoy. Thank you!
ASK FOR HELP IF YOU NEED IT!
We are here to help guide you! Please don't hesitate to ask a Y staff member for help.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. You will be able to enjoy the same Y classes you know and love.
You can download the app from the Apple Store [LINK] or Google Play [LINK] on your phone or tablet.
- Go to the Sign on page [LINK] and reset your password.
- If you no longer have access to the email that we have on file for you, please contact our membership team at your branch.
- Once you are logged into the app or website, choose your preferred branch. Then select the class you will like to attend under the day field.
- After you click the link you will see a popup with the program details. Click the green “Register” button to sign up for the class. You are now registered.
- Registration is NOT required for all classes, but some DO need a reservation. You will see a notice on some classes (including yoga and cycle) where reservations are mandatory.
- By registering you will receive email notifications if your class is canceled or changed. You will also receive a class reminder 2 hours before the start of your class.
Yes. You can sign up for multiple classes and it will appear in your MotionVibe account screen view for future reference.
You can select your Y location under "YMCA of Central New York" in the top left corner of the MotionVibe portal [LINK]. Y locations are arranged alphabetically. To change locations, click the arrow to the right of the Y location name and the rest will appear. You can then choose the location you want.
- If your class requires reservations, once you register for a class your spot is reserved.
- You can register for as many classes as you need.
- If you cannot attend a class, please unregister.
- To unregister, go to your profile by clicking your name in the top right corner of the MotionVibe portal page. [LINK]
- There you will see all the classes you registered for. Unregister by clicking the orange “Unregister” button on the class you with to cancel.
If a class you registered for is canceled or changed, you will be notified by email.
The new MotionVibe experiences are part of our digital platform upgrades and are free to Y members.